How Many Is It Going To Take?
1, 3, 10… How About 100?
Here at Quality Advantage, we are serious about doing things right. That includes doing everything we can to assure you that choosing Quality Advantage for your next bathroom remodeling project is the right choice.
Look, we know that you have a lot of choices when it comes to selecting a bathroom contractor in Hampton Roads. And a lot of these bathroom remodeling contractors in Hampton Roads, VA can probably produce a pre-printed list of a few referrals.
Because anybody can find a few people to say nice things about them. Or worse, pay someone to say something nice… it’s ludicrous to think that in today’s day and age a pre-printed list of just a few referrals is enough.
Think of it this way. Let’s say you are a top executive at a prestigious company. Now assume that you are interviewing a group of people for a job. Now ask yourself this question: what would you rather see? A person who hands you a pre-printed list of hand-selected references…or would you be more impressed by someone that hands you their cell phone and tells you to call anyone in their contact list? Then that same person tells you to call as many people on the list as you need to in order to convince yourself that they are the perfect candidate for the job.
That’s why we want you to tell us how many references you need. Tell us how many of our past client references you would like and we will provide them to you. We’ll give you as many as it takes until you feel comfortable with choosing us to remodel your bathroom.
Just give us a call, tell us how many references you would like and we’ll send them to you. All we ask is that you respect their privacy, as well as calling at a decent hour.
Oh, and before I forget. If you speak with a reference, here are a few questions you should ask ANY contractor’s references:
- How satisfied are you with the work that was done by Quality Advantage Home Products?
- Did Quality Advantage Home Products deliver EXACTLY what was promised?
- Did you have any issues or problem… how were they handled?
- How did they handle communications? Did they make themselves available to you?
- Was there anything at all that you didn’t like about them?
- And the most critical question YOU MUST ASK: If you had to do it over, would you choose Quality Advantage Home Products all over again?