Handicap and Wheelchair Accessible Bathroom Remodeling Services
Every Injury Or Illness Can Financially Devastate A Family’s Savings And Financial Stability.
Unfortunately, we’re living in a time where healthcare costs are soaring and many long-term care insurance companies are going under. We see our customers dealing with the consequences of this every day.
For example, one family we worked with spent over $30,000 in uninsured medical expenses and $8,000 more, each and every month, in cash, for nursing home care. Few seniors and families can afford this.
So, what’s a solution? Investing in preventative bathing safety products saves money and pays for itself.
Even the most expensive handicap accessible tub or shower can cost far less than a hospital stay or nursing home confinement. The investment in prevention and health is crucial to thriving in older age and preserving your cherished financial resources.
Think of it this way, if someone is barely getting by financially, they can’t afford NOT to invest in bathroom safety!
Life Changes… Your Bathroom Should Change With It.
Falling can lead to serious injuries for the elderly, and, it’s estimated that 80% of these yearly falls occur in the bathroom. So, safety and convenience should always be a factor you consider when you’re thinking of remodeling your bathroom.
As we get older, it gets harder to get in and out of a bathtub, which is why many seniors opt to remodel their bathroom so that it includes both a walk in shower and a walk in tub.
Let us transform your bathroom to make it the safe and relaxing space it was meant to be. We have perfected the bathroom remodeling process to be fast, easy and worry-free, using only the highest quality products so you can enjoy your bathroom for years to come.
How your bathroom can be redesigned to be handicap and wheelchair accessible
There’s almost no limit to how we can redesign your bathroom to fit your needs. These are just a few examples of how we can remodel your bathroom to be safer and easier to use:
- Transferring from a wheelchair to a bathtub can be difficult. The tub area must be carefully designed to provide maximum safety. We can install grab bars to help provide support, or, we can replace your tub with a shower if you prefer.
- The high walls of a tub can make it difficult to step in an out of it without falling. Quality Advantage can replace your tub with a shower and configure it to be flush with the floor to reduce your risk of falling. We will custom design your shower, depending on your existing bathroom configuration and your specific needs.
- We offer roll-in shower options as well, to allow space for your wheelchair to fit comfortably in the shower. Since every home is different, we will customize a plan that meets your needs and space limitations.
- Toilet seat heights can vary by a few inches, depending on the model. If you need your toilet adjusted, we can replace your existing one with a special unit, install a raised seat and add grab bars for balance and support.
- Similarly, we can help you configure a sink set up that works best for you. While vanity cabinets can be removed from below the sink for better wheelchair access, this leaves pipes exposed that will need to be covered to prevent injury. Pedestal sinks can give you a little more room to maneuver, but we typically recommend a wall-mounted lavatory, which is easier to use with a wheelchair. Faucets can also be replaced with single lever controls to prevent water temperature from exceeding an established limit.
- Many standard bathroom doorframes are built to be 24” wide, but wheelchairs need a minimum 32” door for a straight in approach, or a 36” door if it requires turning the wheelchair to enter. We can remove the existing door unit, relocate the light switch, widen the framed opening, install a new wider door unit and repair the finished flooring to give you a more accessible bathroom. A swing away door hinge is also an option that can increase the door width by 2”.
Why choose Quality Advantage?
As a Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist, the Quality Advantage team is experienced in bathroom modifications to help homeowners stay in their homes safely and securely. When it comes to remodeling your bathroom to be handicap and wheelchair accessible, we’re the best in the business.
Our factory-trained professionals approach each job with expertise, working quickly and efficiently to deliver the bathroom of your dreams. We believe that even the highest-quality products will fail if they aren’t installed properly, and our workmanship is unmatched.
Contact us today to learn more about how we can configure a handicap accessible bathroom to fit all of your needs.